A few things to keep in mind to make sure your winter season is happy!
1. Get some sunshine in a bottle – Are you feeling a bit blue? Can’t seem to get up and going every morning? According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, a U.S. physician, the body cannot produce vitamin D without high-intensity sunshine. He believes that the majority of the American people suffer from the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency which can lead to depression. So if you are feeling down in the dumps this winter check with your doctor about getting some vitamin D to pick you up!
2. Make a list of things to do in winter – Like cuddling by the fire, baking cookies, ice skating, snowboarding, vacations, playing in snow, movie marathons. And check them off with your loved ones as the month’s progress.
3. Winterize your workout – Exercise can boost your mood! Make a workout schedule for the week and reward yourself at the end with a special treat. That will help you keep an incentive throughout the winter. Also try working out in the elements. Even though the skies might be grey the visuals of winter are truly beautiful and that can also help you keep a positive attitude!
4. Enjoy the small things – Taking pleasure in life’s small treats will definitely help to improve your outlook on winter. Instead of dreading it think about how amazing hot cocoa is and that you get to wear those amazing gloves you got last year. When you enjoy rather than dread what’s around you, your optimistic thoughts will start trumping your negative ones.
5. Take part in winter activities – not only are you going to be social with this one, which will help your mood in a great way, but you will also get some fun exercise out of it as well. Building snowmen and going skiing are just a few things you can do to make some fantastic memories this winter… that you can remember for next winter!